Hiya.. I hope you all had a wonderful Independence Day long weekend. Ours was relaxed and lazy and juust perfect. Monday was tough indeed. Today was only bearable because I had this cake in my life. First bite into it and I instantly regretted making a mini version because this was over in seconds!! So to save you from regret I suggest you double the following recipe and make 2 mini bundts! ;)
The combination of orange, peach and cream cheese is blow-your-mind-off-amazing! This mini bundt is supremely moist unlike the dry, crumbly pound cakes we all dread. It turns into a piece of heaven drizzled with the vanilla glaze. Isn’t this mini size so cute! Give this a go before the peach season officially ends.
Enjoy & eat it all up! :)
Zesty Peaches & Cream Mini Bundt Cake
Yields: 1 6-inch bundt | Serves: 6 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: 30 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 1/4 cup peach cubes (about 1 medium /2 small peaches, peeled & pitted)
- 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- Zest of 1 Naval orange
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp milk or cream (add more to adjust the consistency)
- Preheat the oven at 160°C / 325°F. Grease 6-inch mini bundt pan with oil/butter. Set aside.
- Put the prepared peach cubes in a bowl. Sprinkle the peach cubes with all purpose flour. Stir lightly, just until peach cubes are coated with the flour.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add orange zest and sugar and rub it together with your fingers to release the natural oils from the zest. Add butter and egg to the bowl. Cream together butter, egg, sugar & zest with the whisk or using hand held mixer. Whisk in cream cheese, orange juice, vanilla and orange extract. Slowly and carefully, mix in all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the prepared peach cubes to the cake batter and pour the batter in the prepared bundt pan. Bake for 26-28 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the bundt pan for 5 minutes before inverting on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For glaze: Combine powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk, adding a teaspoon of milk at a time until glaze reaches desired consistency.