Hmmm.. Where do we even begin…!
Cute, little squares so rich in chocolate that they taste like heaven on your plate. They’re adored pretty much universally. Every chocolate-lover’s dream! At least I’m yet to meet a person who DOESN’T like brownies. Do you know anyone?!! 😛
I’m very particular about the kind of brownies that goes in my tummy. It has to be thick, super-fudgy, moist and decadent. Not crumbly, dry or over-the-top-rich. I also like my brownies plain… Yep! Without any nuts, raisins, sultanas or chocolate-chips. Just plain…
I had posted a recipe for Brownies
previously. That was an excellent recipe but a bit thin and more buttery for my liking. So I started testing for my go-to-recipe… And I can say that I have found it! Husband said that these are THE BEST brownies he has eaten in his entire life! Certainly made my day 🙂
This recipe turned out to be everything I want my perfect brownies to be. And they are quite fuss-free. Just 2 bowl required. No need to set-up a double boiler unless you do not own a microwave. Ready in about 45 minutes! Totally perfect to satisfy the chocolate/brownie cravings. So good that I can eat an entire pan by myself! (I haven’t though!) I only made them yesterday and I had to share it with you immediately! So stop drooling and MAKE these right away!! 🙂
(Fudgiest!) Chocolate Brownies
Makes: 9-12 squares | Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: Approximately 30-35 minutes
- 250 gm / 9 oz dark chocolate, roughly sliced
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, roughly sliced (approximately 115 gm)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, cold
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp Rum (optional)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºF / 350ºC. Grease an 8×8-inch square pan; line base and sides with parchment paper. (I used foil.)
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate, butter and brown sugar in a microwave for 1-2 minute, stirring every 30 seconds. The mixture should be lump-free and glossy. Set aside and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Once chocolate mixture is cooled down, stir white sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and rum into it.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt and cocoa powder and fold into chocolate mixture with wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Pour the batter in a baking pan and bake for 30-33 minutes until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Let cool completely in pan over a cooling rack. (If you’re in a hurry, throw it in a refrigerator or freezer for a while for easy cutting.)
- Lift up the ends of parchment or foil liner, transfer the brownies to cutting board and cut into 9 or 12 squares. Store it in an air-tight container for 3-4 days at room temperature or refrigerate for a week.
*Feel free to add nuts, raisins or chocolate chips if you like. 1/2 cup should be a good amount.
Hello Oreo lovers! Hello M&M lovers! Let’s get united 🙂
These bars are heavenly for texture-lovers! Every bite is filled with crunchy chopped Oreos and M&M’s contrasted with soft, buttery, moist dough. They are dense, thick and biteful. I have used dark brown sugar in the recipe which gives a beautiful caramel-ish flavor mixed with chocolate Oreos.
These bars come together in 1-bowl, just under 5-minutes, and without using mixer! These are ready under half an hour. Perfect to satisfy those sudden sugar-cravings! It is so quick, easy and of course, no dough chilling required.
Another advantage is, this recipe is very accommodating. You can use anything you like as fillers. So bookmark this one as your base recipe for bars and blondies. Feel free to sub Oreos with any other left-over cookies, peanut butter cups, pretzels, chocolate chips. Do not shy away from experimenting. Instead of M&M’s, arrange the top with lots of mini marshmallows. It will be heavenly! I’m going to do marshmallow version soon! Till then enjoy this 🙂
M&M Oreo Cookie Bars
Yields: 9 to 12 squares | Prep Time: 5-10 minutes | Cook Time: 20-22 minutes | Total: 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- Pinch of salt
- 15 Oreo cookies, roughly chopped (I used chocolate Oreos)
- 1/2 cup M&M’s (Nestlé Smarties, Cadbury Gems or any other chopped candies can be used)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with aluminium foil, grease with oil or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, add butter and place in microwave for 1-minute on high power.
- Wait a minute before adding the egg so that it does not scramble. Add the egg, sugar, vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, Graham cracker crumbs and salt. Stir until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Stir in the Oreo chunks.
- Turn the thick batter out into prepared baking pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula or back of the spoon.
- Evenly sprinkle the M&M’s over the top, lightly pressing them down with your finger, a spatula or back of the spoon.
- Bake for about 20 to 22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs. Allow to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving. Bars will keep for up to 1 week at room temperature stored in an airtight container, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.