Hello Oreo lovers! Hello M&M lovers! Let’s get united 🙂
These bars are heavenly for texture-lovers! Every bite is filled with crunchy chopped Oreos and M&M’s contrasted with soft, buttery, moist dough. They are dense, thick and biteful. I have used dark brown sugar in the recipe which gives a beautiful caramel-ish flavor mixed with chocolate Oreos.
These bars come together in 1-bowl, just under 5-minutes, and without using mixer! These are ready under half an hour. Perfect to satisfy those sudden sugar-cravings! It is so quick, easy and of course, no dough chilling required.
Another advantage is, this recipe is very accommodating. You can use anything you like as fillers. So bookmark this one as your base recipe for bars and blondies. Feel free to sub Oreos with any other left-over cookies, peanut butter cups, pretzels, chocolate chips. Do not shy away from experimenting. Instead of M&M’s, arrange the top with lots of mini marshmallows. It will be heavenly! I’m going to do marshmallow version soon! Till then enjoy this 🙂
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- Pinch of salt
- 15 Oreo cookies, roughly chopped (I used chocolate Oreos)
- 1/2 cup M&M’s (Nestlé Smarties, Cadbury Gems or any other chopped candies can be used)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with aluminium foil, grease with oil or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, add butter and place in microwave for 1-minute on high power.
- Wait a minute before adding the egg so that it does not scramble. Add the egg, sugar, vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, Graham cracker crumbs and salt. Stir until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Stir in the Oreo chunks.
- Turn the thick batter out into prepared baking pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula or back of the spoon.
- Evenly sprinkle the M&M’s over the top, lightly pressing them down with your finger, a spatula or back of the spoon.
- Bake for about 20 to 22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs. Allow to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving. Bars will keep for up to 1 week at room temperature stored in an airtight container, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.