Hmmm.. Where do we even begin…!
Cute, little squares so rich in chocolate that they taste like heaven on your plate. They’re adored pretty much universally. Every chocolate-lover’s dream! At least I’m yet to meet a person who DOESN’T like brownies. Do you know anyone?!! 😛
I’m very particular about the kind of brownies that goes in my tummy. It has to be thick, super-fudgy, moist and decadent. Not crumbly, dry or over-the-top-rich. I also like my brownies plain… Yep! Without any nuts, raisins, sultanas or chocolate-chips. Just plain…
I had posted a recipe for Brownies previously. That was an excellent recipe but a bit thin and more buttery for my liking. So I started testing for my go-to-recipe… And I can say that I have found it! Husband said that these are THE BEST brownies he has eaten in his entire life! Certainly made my day 🙂
This recipe turned out to be everything I want my perfect brownies to be. And they are quite fuss-free. Just 2 bowl required. No need to set-up a double boiler unless you do not own a microwave. Ready in about 45 minutes! Totally perfect to satisfy the chocolate/brownie cravings. So good that I can eat an entire pan by myself! (I haven’t though!) I only made them yesterday and I had to share it with you immediately! So stop drooling and MAKE these right away!! 🙂
(Fudgiest!) Chocolate Brownies
Makes: 9-12 squares | Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: Approximately 30-35 minutes
- 250 gm / 9 oz dark chocolate, roughly sliced
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, roughly sliced (approximately 115 gm)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, cold
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp Rum (optional)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºF / 350ºC. Grease an 8×8-inch square pan; line base and sides with parchment paper. (I used foil.)
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate, butter and brown sugar in a microwave for 1-2 minute, stirring every 30 seconds. The mixture should be lump-free and glossy. Set aside and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Once chocolate mixture is cooled down, stir white sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and rum into it.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt and cocoa powder and fold into chocolate mixture with wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Pour the batter in a baking pan and bake for 30-33 minutes until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Let cool completely in pan over a cooling rack. (If you’re in a hurry, throw it in a refrigerator or freezer for a while for easy cutting.)
- Lift up the ends of parchment or foil liner, transfer the brownies to cutting board and cut into 9 or 12 squares. Store it in an air-tight container for 3-4 days at room temperature or refrigerate for a week.
*Feel free to add nuts, raisins or chocolate chips if you like. 1/2 cup should be a good amount.