This peanut butter-flavored dish is a cinch to throw together. So convenient on a weeknight or when you’re just lazy. Just boil a pot of water, saute some vegetables and whisk together some sauces from your pantry. Dinner is served!
Vegetable Whole-wheat Noodle Bowl
Serves:2 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total: 25 minutes
For noodle bowl:
- 2 nests of whole wheat noodles
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 2 inch thin strips
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 small bunch of scallions (spring onions), finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp lightly toasted white sesame seeds*, for topping
*You may use toasted peanuts too instead.
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- big pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp of hot water (or a little more to achieve a thin yogurt-like consistency of sauce)
- Boil a medium sized pot of water. Add the whole wheat noodles and cook according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add oil and sauté garlic for about 30 seconds. Add red pepper and broccoli to the pan and sauté for another 5 minutes over medium high heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for sauce, adding the hot water in increments at the end. You are going for a thin yogurt-like consistency.
- Once the noodles are cooked and drained, toss together the noodles, sautéd vegetables and scallions.
- Portion into small bowls and top with a generous sprinkling of sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Past 10 days were a blur at our house.. Between Karva Chauth party and my girl gang gathered at the house for the wedding, I hardly had time to squeeze in a blog-post. Those were such good days and in all honesty, I didn’t want them to end! Exciting times filled with fun, laughter and so much joy!! I’m going to cherish the precious memories of this time spent with friends and family forever. Moments like these is what makes our life worthwhile.
Between all the festivities of the past weekend and coming weekend, I am doing a detox of my own with fruits, soups, stir-fries and salads. Gearing up for the next big weekend, you see! You won’t believe how many great recipes I have lined up for you all! But before that enjoy this humble dish which truly deserves a place in your repertoire! 🙂
Today’s recipe is simple but totally lip-smacking.
I mean it has potatoes & peanut butter in it so of course! 😉
Just some roasted veggies with healthy yet delicious dressing. Perfect for the ‘touch of cold’ weather we are experiencing here.. It is great as a side dish or as a whole meal in itself.. I had it for dinner and could not finish it entirely. The recipe can easily be doubled, tripled or quadrupled as per your needs. I used regular potatoes but baby potatoes would be amazing too!
Roasted Asparagus & Potatoes with Peanut Butter & Buttermilk Dressing
Serves: 2 as a side-dish or 1 as a lunch/dinner
- 4 small potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes or 12 baby potatoes, halved
- 20 spears of asparagus cut into 5-inch pieces, hard woody ends discarded
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 Tbsp buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp + 1/2 tsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF. Arrange prepared potatoes and asparagus on the baking tray. Sprinkle with oil, salt and pepper and toss together. Let it bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove the asparagus from baking tray and return the tray to oven. Let the potatoes bake for another 15 to 20 minutes till fork-tender.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Serve the roasted vegetables smothered with the dressing.