You don’t need me tell you how to make an oatmeal. I’m sure, you can handle that on your own.
Maybe I need to remind myself how to make oatmeal. Maybe I need to remind myself to make oatmeal at all… and eat it.. for breakfast. Staring at my laptop first thing in the morning, burning my mouth sipping hot coffee does not make breakfast.
I thought if I needed a reminder, you might need it too. So let’s make this healthy stovetop oatmeal with apple and cinnamon. A treat for that special person, YOU!
This oatmeal is perfect for the weather… so comforting and so healthy! Have an exciting weekend!
Apple Cinnamon Stovetop Oatmeal
Serves: 1 | Ready under 10 minutes
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced
- 1 + 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar (more or less as per your liking)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- 3 Tbsp dried cranberries
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. I let the butter get browned a bit and add diced apple. Sprinkle salt, brown sugar, cinnamon and cook for 1-2 minutes till apples soften.
- Pour in water, turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil. Add the oats and reduce the heat a little. Cook stirring occasionally for a minute or till most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn the heat off. Top with milk, walnuts and cranberries. Stir to combine. Serve immediately, sprinkled with cinnamon/brown sugar.