Yesterday was a National Cheesecake Day and this is my 50th post on the blog! So let’s combine this two very important occasions of my life and celebrate! With cheesecake!! Now you’re talking! 😉
I have a confession to make! I made this cheesecake more than a month ago and totally forgot to blog about them.. Yesterday when National Cheesecake Day tweet was doing rounds, this is the cheesecake which came to my mind instantly… and this too! Sincere apologies for forgetting such an important thing.
Now that this is off my chest let’s move on..
So let’s talk about cheesecake! Cheesecake!! You want it! Really really crave it and then you think of all the extra calories eating one slice or half slice of it entail and then you either eat it anyway and feel guilty or don’t eat it and deprive yourself from this decadence.
I say you can not be making such appalling sacrifices. It’s against the law, you see! So being a smart one here always presenting you guys with skinny treats, I have a solution. Simple… Make mini-cheesecake!!! I’m on a mini-dessert frenzy nowadays… I simply adore them. One thing they are too cute and another is the amazing portion-control you get without making yourself or others feeling culpable for the indulgence.
So here I present you today kiwi cheesecake with Oreo crust… I have tried and kept the sugar as less as possible. The cream used here is not full-fat whipping cream instead I have used medium fat cream. So I have done my best to bring you a slightly low-cal version.
Hubby & I got to eat cheesecake for 3 days in a row. So we were a happy bunch! I hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
No-Bake Kiwi Cheesecake with Oreo Crust
Yields: 6 mini cheesecakes
For Oreo crust:
- 6-7 Chocolate Oreos
- 1 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
For the cheesecake:
- 1/3 cup fresh cream (medium fat 40%), chilled
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 kiwi, peeled and diced
For kiwi jelly:
- 1 Tbsp agar agar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 kiwi, peeled and smoothly pureed
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
For garnishing: Sliced or diced fresh Kiwi fruit
- Blend Oreos and melted butter in a food processor till fine crumbs form. Place 1 Tbsp of crumb at the base of the each shot glasses and press down firmly. Place glasses in refrigerator till you prepare cheesecake filling.
- Whip cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract till soft peaks form. Whip the cream in a separate bowl till the soft peaks form. Fold in together gently.
- Remove shot glasses from the refrigerator. Equally divide cheesecake filling in all the glasses throwing in 2-3 pieces of diced kiwi in between the layers. Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the water for 30 seconds and add agar agar to it. Mix thoroughly till agar agar dissolves completely. Add sugar and kiwi puree. Whisk till a thick paste forms. Top the shot glasses with approximately 1 Tbsp of jelly mixture and chill again for 2-3 hours or till jelly has set completely.
- Serve chilled, each glass garnished with sliced or 2-3 diced cubes of fresh kiwi.