These delicious banana pancakes got so much attention on Instagram which forced me to post the recipe here. I didn’t photograph them for the blog but have a couple pics to go with the post. So here is the recipe for the softest and fluffiest pancakes which tastes incredible too! With hardly any butter, these pancakes are definitely on a healthier side. I know you have an overripe banana lying around in the house so make these ALREADY ;)
Banana Oatmeal Yogurt Pancakes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 medium/large very ripe banana, mashed with fork (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup yogurt/buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted plus a bit more for greasing
- Maple syrup, to serve
*You may substitute all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour and add a splash of milk (if required) to reach the correct consistency of batter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mash the banana with the fork till no lumps remain. Whisk in yogurt and egg till completely incorporated. Whisk in vanilla extract followed by brown sugar. To this mixture, add dry ingredients to form a smooth batter. Add melted butter to this and let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium-low heat and grease with butter. Work in batches. Pour scant 1/4 cup batter for each pancake into the skillet. When the edges begin to look dry and cooked and bubbles dot the top, flip and cook until golden on the other side.
- Serve hot, topped with some maple syrup.