A classic chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk! Match indeed made in heaven!
Imagine to be able to have a healthier version of the buttery classic. After receiving rave reviews about Inside Out Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies(Thank you all!), I decided to recreate them into a classic chocolate chip version. I used olive oil instead of butter this time around and skipped milk completely. The result was amazing. I am not claiming these cookies to be skinny or low-fat. They are still 120 calorie each(assuming you get exactly 30 cookies) but you won’t miss the evil fat here, trust me! (Come on, olive oil is a good fat!)
If you’re crispy cookie person then flatten the cookie dough thin as per your liking and let them bake for an extra minute or so. When baked thick and puffy, these cookies are soft and equally chocolicious. You won’t be able to stop at just one, I know you guys too well! 😉
Enjoy & have a gorgeous weekend!
Eeeep… I am off to a road trip and shall share more once I am back! 🙂
Whole wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ Eggfree & Vegan
- 3 Tbsp flaxseed powder + 9 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup olive oil (unsalted butter can be substituted)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup date syrup
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 + 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 + 1/4 cup mix of dark & milk chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, mix together flax seed powder and water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, sift together whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk olive oil and sugar together til completely incorporated. Whisk in date syrup, vanilla extract and flax seed mixture.
- Stir in dry ingredients to the wet ingredients to form a dough. Fold in chocolate chips. Chill the dough in refrigerator for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC/325ºF. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Take about 2 Tbsp of dough, form it into a ball between your palms and flatten them with fingers or a fork. The cookies won’t spread much while baking so flatten how much ever thickness you like. Bake them for 14-15 minutes. Let them cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them on cooling rack to cool completely. The cookies will stay fresh for 1 week at room temperature stored in an airtight container.