I am sure you all remember this amazing cookie swap I told you about few blog-posts earlier. This was my first year participating and I was over-enthusiastic! I mean why not? I get to experiment with new cookie recipes this holiday season and get to support a great cause as well.
I baked 3 different cookies in 1-dozen batches and shipped them on the same day way before the deadline. Yes, I did make 3 different recipes and not 1. (Yes, I’m crazy like that!) To my amazement, all the cookies reached withing 48 hrs of shipping them. Now it was time for me to wait for my 3 cookie packages. I waited waited waited.. Unfortunately out of 3, I received only 1 cookie package from Sangeeta of healthfood desivideshi 2 days before today which was shipped to me almost 2 weeks back 😦 Crazy courier guys! Thank you Sangeeta for sending some awesome tasting Gluten Free cookies my way and saving me from complete disappointment. 🙂
Well, today I am going to post recipes for all those cookies so bear with me as there will be three recipes for you to enjoy as opposed to one.
This particular cookies were sent to my dear friend Rosh from The Vanilla Bean. Remember I guest posted once on her blog? Yes, the very same and talented blogger. I was so happy to get her as my match as she was the reason behind my participation in the swap. She received my package very next day and I was over the moon as the cookies reached her in one piece! 🙂
Let’s talk about these cookies. They are deliciously chewy, these oatmeal cookies. Each bite is bursting with the goodness apricots and white chocolates. I added them in abundance. Apricots and white chocolate pair beautifully together but feel free to experiment with other dried fruit of your choice. I can’t wait to make these with dried cranberries soon! Enjoy!
Oatmeal-Apricots White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes: 16-18 cookies | Prep time: 10 minutes | Chilling time: 30-60 minutes | Bake time: 9-11 minutes
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp milk
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter until soft. Add both sugars and beat until light and fluffy on a medium speed for about 1-2 minute. Add egg and continue to beat for another minute. Whisk in vanilla extract.
- Carefully add dry ingredients to the bowl and beat at slow speed until no flour pockets remain. Add 2 Tbsp milk to bring the dough together.
- Fold chopped apricots and white chocolate chips in the dough. Let the dough chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour. This step is a must as the dough is too sticky to handle at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC / 350ºF. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper. Take 1 Tbsp of dough and roll it into a ball between your palms. Arrange the dough balls on cookie sheet 2-inch apart from each other and bake for 9-11 minutes. Do not overbake. The sides should be golden and center may seem soft but it will set once cooled. Let the cookies cool on a cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer it to a cooling rack. Once cooled completely, transfer it to an airtight container. Cookies keep fresh for about 7 days at room temperature.