Such a long title… huh?!
Don’t get scared!
Today’s recipe is just filled with way too many nice things! 🙂
I love my breakfast so much! That is the best meal of the day for me.. I love it so much that we usually end up having breakfast-for-dinner more often than I would like to admit… not that I’m complaining! I had made these pancakes on one of such nights. They were so so so good!
These healthy yet delectable pancakes are laden with chocolate-chips. Mashed banana and shredded zucchini are folded into the batter for a nutritious breakfast treat. These taste best served the traditional way with butter and maple syrup. If you’re even more calorie-conscious then use the light butter or skip it completely but maple syrup is a must. Because there is hardly any sugar added in the batter itself.
These pancakes have no eggs or butter in them.
Yup… Zero. Zip. Zilch. 😉
They are still quite fluffy, soft and aerated because of these ingredients ~ banana and buttermilk-baking soda. They create magic and make these pancakes possible without addition of butter or eggs.
Not a zucchini fan? Worry not… Banana successfully masks the tasteless zucchini for you! Trust me… these pancakes will rock your world!
They are so easy to whip up and hardly requires any prep time. The recipe makes enough for a small family and if you’ve any spares than freeze them for quick grab-n-go breakfast! I’m a zucchini fanatic so I love to have them about any time of the day! 😉
So go grab some zucchinis before they disappear!
Banana Zucchini Chocolate-Chip Buttermilk Pancakes
Yields: around 15 pancakes (4-inch size) | Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 + 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 + 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed with fork
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar (dark/light)
- 1 + 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- butter, for greasing the skillet
- Put shredded zucchini in a cheese cloth or muslin cloth and give it a good squeeze to remove extra liquid.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the mashed bananas, sugar, buttermilk and vanilla together.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir to combine and then fold in zucchini.
- Heat a large non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium-low heat and grease with butter. Work in batches. pour scant 1/3 cup batter for each pancake into the skillet and sprinkle the uncooked top all over with chocolate-chips. When the edges begin to look dry and cooked and bubbles dot the top, flip and cook until golden on the other side.
- Serve hot with butter and maple syrup.