Oh yes! Your breakfast just got a whole lot better with these cookies in your life! Made with the goodness of almonds, oats and whole wheat. So gooey because of the melted butterscotch chips! Deee-vine!
Banana √ Almonds √ oats √
Cookies taste best with a glass of Milk so √ 😉
What more you need for breakfast!
They are so soft and tender because of bananas, you will hardly notice the cookies are egg-free! Hence perfect for non-egg-eaters too! √ that!
So simple to make that it will be ready in 25 minutes flat! Yes, no need to chill the dough in refrigerator. We are going to use chilled mashed banana for cookie-dough. Just mash the banana nicely with the help of fork and refrigerate for half an hour before using… That’s it! No waiting before baking! It rhymes.. LOL… I know I’m such a crack-pot! 😛
So not that these require any coaxing but promise me you’ll make them!
Banana Almond Butterscotch Chip Cookies
Prep time : 15 mins | Baking time: 10 mins
Yields: 15-16 cookies
- ½ cup almonds, ground
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp soft-rolled oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp butter, at room temperature
- 4 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 banana, mashed and chilled (1/3 cup approx)
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ¼ cup butterscotch chips, plus more for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ground almond, wheat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add banana puree and almond extract to it and whisk.
- Slowly fold in dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix till flour pockets have disappeared. Fold in butterscotch chips.
- Drop 1 Tbsp of cookie-dough onto a baking sheet at 1-2 inches apart. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Mine were ready in 10 minutes. Let it cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes and then transfer on a cooling rack to cool completely. At first, the cookies will be soft in center but will firm up once cool.
*Store them in an air-tight container for 3-4 days at room temperature.
*You can replace butterscotch chips with any other nuts or chocolate chips too!