I love pasta in any and every form. Be it a hot or cold preparation. It’s my favorite at dinner time as it is pretty quick to put together and simple.
Especially this salad… It is perfect for summer nights when you are craving something light and refreshing! I particularly loath anything heavy for dinner… So this one ticks all the boxes for me! 🙂
I love this one so much that it’s been prepared 3 times already in my house! It was much appreciated by our guests too! Its an apt side-dish at any elaborate lunch or dinner parties and a must accompaniment for picnics! I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
Simple Summer Mac Salad with Tomato & Zucchini
- 150 grams uncooked elbows
- 200 grams grape/cherry tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp eggless mayonnaise (American Garden’s)
- 2 Tbsp apple cider/red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp yogurt
- 2 tsp mustard (optional)
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Cook pasta in generously salted water according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a medium bowl, combine onions, mayonnaise, vinegar, yogurt, mustard, oregano, garlic powder, basil leaves; mix well.
- Add tomatoes (and any juice from the tomato), zucchini, pasta, salt and pepper to taste, toss well and place in a large bowl.
- Serve immediately or keep in fridge till the serving time.
Enjoy chilled with a glass of your favorite mocktail or cocktail! 🙂