I love Cadbury SHOTS!
Their punchline is ‘A Glass and a Half Full of Joy‘ and that is exactly what I feel and more when I pop it in!
Eating them always gets me nostalgic about my college days. It was launched about the same time as I was finishing my internship and was my favorite thing to snack on around that time of my life. That was the most memorable time when we were free from all the tensions of patients, studies and exams, never thinking of what the future holds for us and just a happy, fashionable, giggling bunch of jobless interns who were always gossiping in cafeteria (Of course we used to work when we were not on breaks!!!). Those were the days!!! 🙂
Cadbury SHOTS is available in a small pack of two which is perrrfect to share with your bestie or your sweetheart! Costs only INR 2/- each! They consist of milk chocolate balls coated in a hard sugar outer layer. But I think they are only available in my part of the world and not elsewhere. How unfortunate! 😦
So to reminisce about that awesome time of my life I decided to top my next cupcakes with these sweeties. I wanted the cupcakes to be chocolate. How boring! So I decided to give it a twist… of Beetroots! I mean I have baked chocolate cupcakes with zucchini before so decided to pretty much replace zucchini with beetroots and it worked like a charm. I tweaked my previous recipe a bit and added melted chocolate in this one instead of chocolate chips as I was topping these with SHOTS!
The cupcakes are rich in chocolate and beetroot’s flavor is quite earthy yet not overpowering. The insides are gooey and moist! And most important of all, it’s heeaallthyy! Come on, it has whole wheat flour, dark cocoa, dark chocolate and beetroot! 😉
So hop onto the reminiscence train! There are no stations in between.. Share with us that one important nostalgic moment from your college days. We would love to know!
Cadbury SHOTS topped Beetroot and chocolate Cupcakes
Servings: Makes 6 cupcakes
- 2 small raw beetroot bulbs, peeled and grated (about 175 gm)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp Hershey’s dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 75 gm 70-80% dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 9 Cadbury SHOTS packs, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375F/180C. Line 6-count muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- Sift all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in the grated beetroot, egg and melted butter.
- Add the melted chocolate and vanilla extract. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon the batter among the prepared pans. Top each cupcake with 3 Cadbury SHOTS and bake for 21-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
*Cadbury SHOTS has not sponsored me in anyway. All the praise written above is my personal expression of love for them!