Yes, we’re still talking Mother’s day!
Yesterday we kicked off with a memorable dessert for Mother’s day, it’s time to talk about breakfast in bed for our dear mothers over a Cuppa. Imagine her happiness! Imagine that precious smile! It’s so going to make it worth getting up before she does and surprising her with this sweet gesture! 😀
Yup… it’s going to be a sweet yet simple treat! I’m talking about Cranberry Apple Pancakes!
And of course they will be super healthy and super nutritious, filled with the goodness of whole wheat, flaxseed and oats! I would settle for nothing less than the best for our dearest mommies!
The pancakes are not overly sweet and tart enough due to dried cranberries and Granny Smith Apple. It’s a perfect match.. I have kept them eggless by adding homemade unsweetened apple sauce.
Serving: 6 medium-sized pancakes
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed powder
- 2 Tbsp quick-cooking oats
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted plus more for the griddle
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 medium granny smith apple, peeled,cored and grated
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (can be replaced with fresh)
- Mix whole wheat flour, flaxseed powder, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Whisk thoroughly.
- Add melted butter, applesauce, milk to the dry ingredients and whisk thoroughly to form a batter. Add little milk if the batter seems too thick to pour.
- Fold in grated apple and dried cranberries to the batter.
- Pour a ladle-full of batter on a hot, greased griddle and cook until bubbly, little dry around the edges, and lightly browned on the bottom, approximately 3-4 minutes. Turn and brown the other side for about a minute. You can make 1-3 pancakes at the same time depending on size of your griddle.
- Serve hot with maple syrup or a dollop of butter.