Anyone for a Margarita? Oh, Yeah! And anyone for Margarita cupcakes? Hell, Yeah!!! Monday night does not get any better than this! I mean, what’s not to like?
Cupcakes + Margarita = Match made in Heaven!
These cuppies are made from scratch. No cake box involved. The homemade margarita cupcakes are perfectly soft, fluffy, and bursting with margarita flavor! Plus each bite has a refreshing zest of citrus flavor!
Imagine them topped with margarita cream cheese frosting! Gosh! I mean how can you not smile sinking your teeth into one of these?
The margarita cupcake recipe is laughably easy! Like most of my dessert recipes, I used simple, everyday ingredients. I didn’t even need to go to the store before I made them on Saturday! And that is saying something as I didn’t even have an onion in my pantry that Saturday! I am serious.. Don’t laugh, okay?!.. Stop making fun of me! I am not lazy… Have just been busy! 😛
The cupcakes took me less than 1 hour start to finish. I cheated a bit and stuck the cupcakes in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process. I have no patience when it involves Margarita! Love it!!! Wait, didn’t I say that already? 😉
These can be stored at room temperature for 1 day in an airtight container and 4 days in the refrigerator.
I loved eating them chilled! It was so refreshing!
Its booming summer and Margarita cupcakes, made from scratch are totally on dessert menu! And breakfast menu. Come on, they have egg and milk in them… Totally acceptable first thing in the morning! 😉
You can brush the cupcakes with straight tequila if you want a boozy dessert before frosting them. And if you are one who enjoys salt on the rim of your margarita glass, you might consider a sprinkle of coarse salt over the top of the cupcake to incorporate that flavor. Are you running towards your kitchen to make these already? 😉
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Margarita Mix
Margarita Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp Margarita Mix
- zest of 1 lemon
- a drop of green and yellow food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF/180ºC. Line 6-count muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- Combine salt, baking powder and flour in a small bowl.
- Combine the milk and margarita mix in another small bowl (the mixture will curdle, but it’s okay).
- Cream butter and sugar with the stand or handheld mixer. Add egg and mix to incorporate and then add lemon zest.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixer and the liquid mixer, alternating them, making sure to start and end with flour mix. Beat as little as possible, just until the batter come together.
- Fill the paper liners till 2/3rd of the cups are filled. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Let cool.
- To make frosting: Whip everything together, adding a drop of green and yellow food coloring for effect. Add more powdered sugar if frosting is thin. Pipe onto the cooled cupcakes. I simply smothered mine with the spatula and decorated them with green and yellow colored sugar. There may be leftover frosting depending upon how much you use on each cupcake.
Make a toast and Enjoy! 😀
Recipe source: cookbybook.wordpress.com
© Cook By Book